Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Getting Your Fix

Hey there, dedicated readers.

It's been a couple weeks.

Some things have gone down- mostly, I've decided to bail on Crossfit for awhile and give my undivided attention to one trim, admittedly kind of adorable she-devil. Her name?

Autumn Calabrese


Don't let her smile and her tight bod fool you. This woman is satan reincarnate. She giggles during her workouts. GIGGLES. What kind of a monster thinks making you hold a resistance band at chest height, arms spread, is giggle material?

A sadistic little hell demon, that's who.


Backing up.....

I recently decided to embark upon a 3 week journey (with the aforementioned spawn of satan) in the form of 21 Day Fix Extreme (emphasis on the EXTREME).

Basically, I have a 21 day fitness program, which includes eating a limited number of calories, and only specific types of food, in very specific amounts.

For instance, in a single day I can have:
3 cups of vegetables
2 cups of fruit
4 cups of lean protein
1/2 a cup of carbs/starchy foods
1/4 cup of nuts/avocado/cheese/etc
1/8 cup dressing/seeds
2 teaspoons of nut butters/oils

This should end up being around 1320 calories. Apparently, this is ideal for my weightloss.

Day 1, I was puking up a storm. There was no food (unless you count my protein shake), and there was certainly no workout. (Although, on the bright side, minimal calories!!!!)

Day 2, there was a protein shake, some bell pepper slices, grilled chicken with veggies and mashed red potatoes, celery with PB2, and a grilled chicken salad with salsa for my dressing (Which I think doesn't actually count as a dressing, more of a vegetable). And, as it is Fat Tuesday and every Catholic takes that for REAL, I may have indulged in 4 itty bitty Laffy Taffys. So sue me.

I was hoping to end my night with some Peppermint Tea, but I didn't feel like washing out a cup, so here I am, in bed, blogging. (It's a glamorous life.)

What have you been up to, my workout pals? Anything new and exciting I should be trying??
(You know, AFTER Autumn Calabrese finishes mopping the floor with me??)

Keep me posted!!!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment