Monday, February 13, 2012

Feeling the Love


If you don’t love yourself, how do you expect others to love you?

Happy Love Day, Ladies!

Lets just get this started, shall we?

This is me in a two piece swim suit….





I am one... curvy... lady.

Wanna know what I learned this week?

I have TERRIBLE self-talk.

After taking these photos, I have been obsessing all week, using words like “fat ass”, “disgusting”, and a plain and simple “gross” to describe myself….. TO OTHER PEOPLE. And this is what I realized: No one can make me feel worse about myself than I already make myself feel- and that’s a huge issue.

Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, I figured what better topic for tonight’s blog post than loving yourself?

This weekend, I challenged myself to only regard my body as beautiful- to focus on what I love about my body instead of what I dislike.

And you know what??? IT WORKED. Instead of feeling tired and lethargic, I popped out of bed after a night of drinking and felt amazing. I was literally bouncing all over the place, feeling gorgeous in my sweats with my hair in a messy bun atop my head. Only one person had to tell me I was gorgeous to make me feel better: Myself.

My point? I know that I go on and on about how I’m trying this and that to lose weight, but losing weight isn’t going to solve the issue. If you hate your body now, you’re never going to reach weight loss point that will make you stop and say “I love ME.” You will keep trying to change things about yourself- even after they don’t NEED to be changed. If you don’t love yourself, how do you expect others to love you?

This week, I want all of you to focus on positive self-talk. Make note of every time you say or even think something negative about yourself. The amount of times it happens will most likely shock you.

Aside from that, keep working towards a healthier you! Happy Valentine’s Day, lovelies! Remember to feel the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment