Wednesday, February 22, 2012

God Works in Mysterious Ways


God Works In Mysterious Ways…

“What does this have to do with weight loss??”

Glad you asked! LENT IS HERE!! (getting there I promise!!)

For those of you who aren’t Catholic, let me give you the low down…

During Lent, we must fast in some way. Some people, mostly children, choose to give up candy or soda, while some people give up smoking or drinking. You do this for the entirety of the 40 days of Lent in representation of the temptation Jesus faced in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights.

Again- “WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH WEIGHT LOSS?????”

This year, I’m cheating and using Lent for my own benefit. (Does that count as cheating??)

I will be giving up a slew of things that I otherwise would have a hard time letting go of. First on the list? Soda. (With the exception of soda in drinks on the weekend… I know. I’m picking and choosing. But its either that or I drink beer… yuck. And MAJOR calories.)

What else will I be refraining from? Excessive sweets. “What constitutes ‘excessive’?”

Well thanks for wondering- “Excessive” would be more than one sweet a day. And it’s gotta be SMALL. I’m talking ¼ of a cupcake; ¼ of a Kit Kat bar; 1 scoop of ice cream, etc. You get my drift?

I know- I’m being very particular about what exactly I’m giving up. But we all know that quitting something cold turkey hardly ever works. : )

Here’s my big question: Are any of you taking the opportunity to use Lent as a tool to aid you in losing weight? If so, what are you doing? Maybe I’ll steal some of your ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment