Thursday, April 12, 2012

Keep On Keepin' On

"The mind is its own place and in itself can create a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."
-Mitton

This new blog post is going to be a little different than ordinary. Instead of dwelling on what we should be eating and what we should be trying differently in terms of working out, I'm going to tell you all about some inspirational words I recently heard from a motivational speaker.

Those words right up top seem like a great place to start!!

"The mind is its own place and in itself can create a heaven of hell, or a hell of heaven."

I know that everyone has noticed that I have hit a wall when it comes to my weight loss. (138.6 by the way) I attribute this not to my eating habits or to my lack of working out (okay maybe a little bit attributed to it...), but to how I've been thinking about my weight loss challenges.

See? I did it again- I called it a challenge. Right there I'm setting myself up to feel like its going to be the worst deal ever and I'm going to hate it and it will just suck.

Time to re-evaluate.

What Mitton was trying to tell me in his little quote up top is that if working out sucks, its because I choose to make it suck. If its enjoyable, its because I choose to make it enjoyable. I feel as though I wouldn't be having such a hard time working out and actually enjoying it if I just told myself that I was going to enjoy it- if I changed it from a "workout challenge" to a "workout adventure," or even a "sexy workout." (Lets face it- who doesn't enjoy looking sexy while they work out??)

My ADVENTURE for you this week (you see what I did there???) is to think of 3 great things about working out every time your mind comes up with 1 bad thing. For instance, if I get discouraged while working out and think "UGH! I hate doing ab work! THIS HURTS!!!" I need to quickly come up with 3 things I LOVE about doing abs.
1) They keep my core strong
2) They will give me a hot six pack (eventually, right??)
3) I get to see a fun new view of the gym!!

See, now that wasn't so hard, was it?

You try!

When you've finished reading this post, comment back and tell me 1 thing you hate about working out, followed up with three GREAT things about working out!!

As always, HAPPY FITNESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment