Monday, October 24, 2011

Tailgating is my Demise...

This weekend was a whole lot of hot dogs, fried chicken, pizza, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, and plain old junk food.

Tailgating, why do you hate me so??

This past week, I was doing pretty decent. I was eating somewhat healthy, or at least not crappy, and I was moving around a bit more.

Then came the weekend....

It started out alright, when I went to walk the Race for the Cure with the lovely Anna Kurns.... We bailed at the 1 mile mark. Hangovers and a lack of water make for a terrible start to working out.

This is where it gets ugly. 

For breakfast, I had powdered doughnuts and a WHOLE LOT of water. Then, we went to our friend John's parents' tailgate. They had gourmet hot dogs (delish) and the most incredible cake I have ever tasted. Then we walked over to the Kurns' tailgate and had fried chicken and cookies... and a big bowl of candy. After tailgating, we went home to sleep. (Great way to burn calories, right??) For dinner, we went to Dairy Queen where I had a corn dog and a chocolate shake.

For breakfast the next morning, I had 1 and 1/2 McDonald's breakfast sandwiches. For lunch I had pizza. For dinner I had a leg of fried chicken from KFC.

In short.......
IT WAS A TERRIBLE WEEKEND FOR DIETING.

I am not near a scale, so I can't weigh myself today, thank goodness. (Its probably for the best... I'll weigh myself at the end of the week this week.)

Maybe we should have a salad this week.......

2 comments:

  1. LIKE! to the end of the post. and agree! to the rest. My dear I've done my two mile run today (I gave up on going last night) and I'm considering getting in another run later.... this weekend has left me feeling icky....
    I think i'll be eating salad for dinner all week........ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel so much better about myself! I am so glad that it is not only me that struggles with this battle of loving food...There are others struggling with me! I'll toast a salad to you tonight, dear!

    ReplyDelete