Monday, October 7, 2013

Colorful Shenanigans

Hey hey hey!
(More emphasis on the second "hey"... I'll wait while you try it again.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

All better? Good!

I ran my very first 5K!!!!!

Okay, so I walked about half of it, but I got my booty off the couch and that's a whole lot better than nothing! And it was so much fun!!!! Let me tell you all about it with PICTURES!!!!

I ran with my beautiful friend, Rachael. Her momma came out (with all of her kids AND Rachael's!!!) and supported us!
What a champ. Seriously.

We met some great people before the race even started..... Like these lovely ladies...
Sorry its all crooked faced!!
Then we waited in registration to get our cute new v-necks (my brother would be SO jealous), our race numbers, tattoos, and COLOR PACKETS!!!! Then we took turns making each other all pink and purple-y.
Mmmmm. Mouthful of chalk :)
We almost missed the race because, well, we were rushed and a gal's gotta potty when a gal's gotta potty, but we booked it out of those portapotties and we flew past all those slow pokes with baby strollers (Yay for those mommas!!!).
Aaaand here we are running!!
At this point, we had gone through 2 or 3 color stations, one of which was liquid dye... wasn't quite ready for that one. But look how colorful we are already!

We ran for what actually didn't feel like that long. We got to pass a Clydesdale Horse (or some leg warmers that looked like one), we passed princesses and Superman, Moms, Dads, wee ones, old ones, and of course- People of every COLOR!! (Pun intended.)
That's right. We're gorgeous.
That final stretch of grass to get to the finish line made me feel like I was going to roll my ankle just yards away from that final blast of color, which admittedly made me run slower and more carefully because let's be real- I have to run another one of these things this weekend. I don't need to be rolling my ankle just yet. (Or ever. OW.) But we made it to the end, Rachael faster than I and me apparently getting pelted with more chalk (I was told I looked like Shrek's Wife).

All in all, this was a blast! I can't wait to run it again in Sioux City this weekend and of course I recommend doing it- whether you've done it once already or not. I'll post more pics of my next Color Me Rad run soon!!

Until we sweat again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment