Monday, November 11, 2013

Oh Holy Calves

Hey y'all!

So I realized I hadn't blogged for a couple of weeks (I've been working a ton lately- right after my morning workout), so I thought I'd get all you guys and gals caught up to speed!!

I have been doing Jillian Michaels' DVD Ripped in 30. (If you follow my blog on the regular you will have already known that!!) I am presently on week 3 of 4.

A few things:
1) I hate Jillian Michaels
2) With a fiery passion
3) No seriously. If I could deck her in the face without the fear of getting punched back, I'd totally knock that chick out.
*End Rant*

I have also been doing some interval training. My mom has a lovely friend, Jesse, that used to take some Cross Fit classes (is that a class??) and we may or may not be copying some of their moves.

All is fair in love and fitness, am I right?

I also have this crazy obsession with having muscular calves (Sibling rivalry thing. If you're not the unwanted other sibling from your childhood years, you wouldn't understand... unless you saw my sister's calves in high school. Then you'd understand.)
I want, like, super muscular, look-like-I'm-wearing-high-heels-all-the-time calves. I want people to look at my legs and be like "Day-um. Girl has got some great calves."

I can't really explain this weird, crazy quirk about me. All I can say is "OUCH." I have been working my calves like crazy. I read somewhere that calves respond to slow, high reps, rather than quick reps with lots of weight. With that knowledge in mind, I have been using my own body weight on the edge of a step (preferably at the base of the stairs since we all know I'm a giant klutz), and do 50 reps, pausing when I'm at the peak of my calf raise and holding for 2 seconds before lowering my heels. (I stretch out my calves at the 25 mark. Because calf raises are hard.)

I then come back to calf raises throughout my workout 1 or 2 more times. I did it yesterday (Only I came back like 3 or 4 times) and my calves have been SO SORE all day. It's like God is on Britney Spears' side with having to work to look good or something.
Which is awesome. 

I've also been working on toning up my bootay. Lots of rear and side leg extensions, squats with hip thrusts, lunges out the holy wazoo, and in general lots of butt squeezing :)

I want to hear what everyone has been up to! Tell me what body part you're currently obsessed with and what you're doing to make it look amazing!!!

Until we sweat again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment