Sunday, July 27, 2014

Athlete

The Crossfit competition has finally come and I finished!! (I have the bruises and sore body to prove it)

This weekend marked my very first Crossfit competition. This also marks the very first (and probably last) time that I've been called an athlete! (I even have a t-shirt that says it).

There is way too much to tell you, so I'll give you the details via some photos!!

First WOD, prepping for a shoulder to overhead press. I had a pretty rough time of it..



Bottom of my final front squat- I may or may not have been screaming.


Box Pushes- These work your booty like NO. OTHER.




Jump ropes- normally I suck, but I was ON IT.


Deadlifts- with impeccable form :)




The XFit 712 crew! (Minus 2) Everyone performed INCREDIBLY




Post-Competition Parking lot celebration moscato. We earned it.
This journey to my first Crossfit competition wasn't easy; It took a lot of hard work and a WHOLE lot of sweat, and maybe some tears. However, it was all worth it. I have never felt so incredible- and sore. (Again- Holy bruises.) If you can ever get yourself to a Crossfit competition (like the one happening at Crossfit Beo in Sioux City this fall), check it out and cheer on some amazing athletes!! (Which I apparently get to call myself now!!!)

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment