Monday, April 6, 2015

Accountability

Spring break has come and gone- taking with it all my hard work to get me into crop tops and tight skirts.

Surprise! I'm back at square one!! ...... again.

I thought I was being such a good girl on vacation. The initial drive to Ohio, I ate very minimally. I had my 300 calorie Gluten-Free adult version of a Lunchable, ate Larabars, and guzzled water like a fiend.

That's when Steak N' Shake happened.

After that, it was all downhill. I couldn't keep my hands off of food. It didn't matter to me if it was Gluten-Free pasta, Gluten-Free lasagna, Gluten-Free brownies, or Popeyes- If it was food, I found a way to eat as much of it as possible.

This week, I feel like a cow. (I know, positive self talk is the way to go, but for real. I feel HUGE.) This leads me to what I need to do, and how my friends, family, and dear readers can help me out!

1. I need to chill out when it comes to eating. For real.
2. I need to get back into the workout groove. (I'll elaborate below)
3. I need to be HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

1) I can eat food ALL DAY if given the opportunity and enough variety of choices. I honestly have days where I live to eat, which should NEVER be the purpose of food. Food is there to keep you nourished and healthy, not to fill your gut until you burst.
(Must remember this....)

2) My workout groove!! Along with my 21 Day Fix dvds, I have decided to partake in a 30 day 30 Burpees challenge. Basically, I have to do 30 burpees every day for 30 days. I can break them up however I want, as long as I get 30 done. (Burpees suck, by the way. I hate them and they do not make me feel happy.)

3) That whole accountability thing.... This is where you all come in! I have a hard time saying no to unhealthy food, and yes to fitness and actually working out. (I'm usually forced to do it kicking and screaming.) I need all of you to basically be total jerk wads about my fitness goals. If you see me snacking on a donut, I give you full leave to take it directly from my hand and run water over the thing before tossing it into the garbage. Same goes for sugar filled sweets and sodas. Seriously- the bigger jerk you are about it, the less likely I am to have a repeat offense.
Also, I'm not even sure how many of you are actually reading this, but I need to hear something from you all to let me know there are people counting on me to get my ass up and WORK OUT!! (Even if it's just for the comedic experience of my after thoughts. I'm not picky!)

This is me- 2 months away from summer- getting my butt toned and ready to go!!

Until we sweat again!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda-- I am feeling you on ALL this!! Some days are good and some days, ohmygosh, I feel like I could eat a horse. And then I feel miserable and guilty and it's just overall crappy. Tomorrow is a new day! We got this. :) Hang in there and I DO LOVE you posts! :) --Jamie

    ReplyDelete