Thursday, July 18, 2013

Brain Damage

Weird title, right? I'm in a Pink Floyd mood today. Don't judge me.

In fact, you should all be so proud of me today! I woke up BEFORE 11 a.m., and was dressed and out the door (on my bike) by about 9:15!!

I have just returned from my exhilarating ride. This is what I look like-

You're welcome, by the way. I don't think anyone can handle this much hot this early.

This morning's workout was.... exciting? I think that might be the word for it.

I started out and saw my friend, Christina, but she seemed mighty engrossed in her phone so I kept on riding- that and it was just too early in the ride to stop and chat. I got to ride by work, stop for a train (Trains in State Center?? No Way!), see Jesse driving in his work truck, go by my old apartment... but this isn't the exciting part of my ride.

As I was riding on the left hand side of the road (read SIDE of the road), as you are supposed to so you can see traffic coming and avoid it, some jerk face pulled into an intersection DIRECTLY in front of me. I'm assuming that he didn't bother looking right since he was turning that way and just checked out oncoming traffic from his left- Well, hello! I very narrowly avoided being schmucked by this schmuck.

As it was heating up and I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest (no thanks to the man in that vehicle), I decided to call it a workout and head home... The fact that my legs felt like jelly had absolutely nothing to do with it, right??

At least today I made it almost entirely around State Center! See? I'm already making progress and it's only day 2!!

I think later today I'll do some squats/push-ups/crunches and what have you. I'll keep you all updated!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment