Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Booty Wurk

"Hey Amanda, you spelled 'work' incorrectly."

Ummm obviously I know this- and I'll get to that in a minute. First, I want to let you all know that I hurt like a son of a holy woman.

Today I went for a run with one of my younger sisters. I won't lie, at first I thought she would be a hinderance because she isn't exactly one for physical activity. (When one is about 5'7" and has to WORK at gaining weight, you don't really get into working out as much as everyone else does.) However, this worked in my favor- having someone to bully that is.

Since Molly is so out of shape (who knew skinny minis could be out of shape??), it meant that I got to be the drill sergeant, if you will. Where I would ordinarily be struggling to make it to the next check point and crap out within meters of said check point, I found myself pushing harder to reach the pole/tree/garbage can in question, then screaming back to my sister to push harder and that our target had changed to the NEXT tree/pole/garbage can. She had to have hated me by the end of it, but she brought out a side of me I've never seen before: a side that wanted to push harder, despite the burning in my lungs and the sweat dripping into my eyes.

Seriously- What a great run!!

Check out that sweat!!
After our run, I did my 45 pushups, 60 squats, and a crap ton of various crunches. (I'm working on my core, could you tell??)

Back to the misspelled title!

I have found some great songs to workout to- which all happen to be "Booty" songs!! My top 3 are Booty Wurk by T-Pain, Bubble Butt by Major Lazer, and Bootylicious by Destiny's Child  (an oldie but a goodie!)

What tunes do you like to sweat to? Let us all know!! We could all use some fresh, upbeat music to get our blood flowing!

Until we sweat again!

2 comments:

  1. Whence you are ready for a quicker pace, try "Bombs Over Baghdad" by Outkast- my go to when I ran hurdles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I think of that one!?

    ReplyDelete