Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Burns So Good

Alright ladies (and maybe some guys) follow this link to listen to the track I feel best accompanies this blog.

Oh my, is it really July already??

Let's see... since I last blogged (March. Youch.) I have been trying to stay in shape by riding a bicycle around like a crazy person. A bicycle lent to me by my lovely friend, Amber. (This would be the first shout out of the blog today!)

I moved at the end of June and hadn't really found time to cycle since the move- which is just another way of saying "I'm a big ol' lazy lady."

Cest la vie.

Since the move, I put a halt to pretty much anything other than the frequent walk to my refrigerator. Amazingly, despite all of the bread, and bacon, and hashbrowns, (because these are my staple foods), I have LOST weight. Granted, I suspect this is because I have lost muscle and gained fat, but I apparently don't look like a giant slob, so there's that.

I have also (very) recently picked up walking with my good friend, Cindy. We're both pretty sure her husband enjoys that she has a gal pal to spend time with... or at least that's what we tell ourselves and hope it catches on. :)

Today-

I pulled on my poor, neglected sports bra, my old Nat'l Guard t-shirt, and some biking shorts, and put my tennis shoes to good use.

I won't lie, I didn't go very far. When I was at my peak, I was riding my bike around the perimeter of the town, then riding either North and South, or East and West, on every street. Today, I took several shortcuts and made it about halfway around the town. (Total. It was bad.)

I got home covered in sweat, chugged some Gatorade, and collapsed on my couch.. until I realized my fan was in the other room and immediately relocated myself to DIRECTLY in front of it.

I really want to get back into the swing of being obsessed with staying in shape and telling you all exactly how crappy it is, because I know a group of you ladies (and guys) that were definitely gaining some strength and confidence, and all through my smart mouth blog. If you'd be willing to continue reading as I try to get back into the swing of all of this, let me know and I'll continue blogging and sharing my awkward, embarrassingly hilarious tales of how I'm doing fitness-wise.

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment