Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Color Me Rad

Hello, hello, hello!!

The time has come for this girl to put her money where her mouth is.

I keep on telling everyone that if they just stick to their training/workout schedule/what-have-you, that you'll all be able to shed those pounds, or get that toned look, or just be healthy...

Well, I am very pleased to announce that after floundering about looking for the perfect workout plan (and failing to stick with just one), I have decided to register with a team of girls (yet to be determined) for the Color Me Rad 5K in Des Moines!



The race takes place on the 5th of October, just one week after my brother and his lovely bride-to-be are to be married. This means that, should I stick with it and actually train for this darn thing, not only will I look rockin' in that bridesmaid dress, but I will also be in fit enough shape to take on my very first 5K!!

Now, what am I doing for my training, you might ask??

Let me break it down for you:

Week 1: Run 1 minute, walk 90 seconds; Repeat 8x
Week 2: Run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute; Repeat 7x
Week 3: Run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute; Repeat 6x
Week 4: Run 6 minutes, walk 2 minutes; Repeat 4x
Week 5: Run 9 minutes, walk 2 minutes; Repeat 3x
Week 6: Run 12 minutes, walk 1 minute; Repeat 3x
Week 7: Run 15 minutes, walk 1 minute; Repeat 2x
Week 8: Run 30 minutes!!

I'm trying to convince my friend, Cindy, to train with me so she can bring her fancy shmancy camera along and take some photos for her upcoming Photo Journalism course. If you or anyone you know would like to train along with us (either in person or via the interweb), please let me know and we can all keep each other posted on our progress!!

Now, with all of this running, it might mean my knee starting up with its "I'm a big baby- put ice on me and don't move for 2 days" routine. I'm going to try very hard to achieve this goal whilst also remaining SAFE. The last thing I want to do is permanently injure my leg in pursuit of a 5K. However, I would love to become an avid runner (or at the very least, jogger), so it would be great if I got to actually do this thing! (Considering I'm shelling out nearly $40 to even get signed up for it.)

Let me know if anyone is in any way interested in training with us, or joining our group for the 5K!

Happy sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment