Monday, August 5, 2013

Sweaty Lady

Hey, y'all!

So I'm still on this running kick- and turns out I'm improving!

If you recall, my first run was a little over a mile and it took me about 17 minutes. (Yowza.)

My run today was a little under 2 miles in 14 minutes!! My first mile took me 6 minutes and 40 seconds- and I didn't feel like I was about to collapse the whole time!

I've begun to fear the burn in my chest just a little less, choosing to look at it more like encouragement to get home faster. The way I see it, I'm going to have to run back to my house anyway, so I may as well do it quickly. (No one wants to be that sweaty, nasty, gasping-for-air mess on the side of the road that everyone is secretly worried for.)

This is what I looked like afterward:

Basically gross and sweaty
But I feel so awesome! Slightly dehydrated, but I feel less like a giant pile of crap. :)

After my run, I did my daily Plank Challenge- today was 30 seconds (I think... that's what I did at least!!)

After I get home from work, I'll do my crunches, push ups, and squats, but for now I'm rehydrating and getting geared up for my afternoon at work :)

If anyone is interested in doing the Color Me Rad run with myself and some friends (Amber, Hannah, Rachel, Amy, and Cindy) let me know and I'll give you the team name to sign up under! We'll be making team shirts and all that jazz and it should be a blast!!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment