Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lights and Sounds

I just returned from my run for the day- and I'm a little irked. My Run Keeper app went on the fritz and tried telling me I had run 2 miles in under 5 minutes???

Ummmmm, I wish.

On my run, I came across a song with these lyrics which made me really push.


Slow burn, let it all fade out, 
And pull the curtain down.I wonder where you've been? 
You've earned everything you found,  
And painted faces frown.I'll say I knew you when


It was the part about the "slow burn, let it all fade out" that originally caught my attention. My legs were starting to ache and my lungs were burning, and all I could think was "this completely applies to what I'm physically going through right now.. (Emo, I know.)

The next part where the singer says "You've earned everything you found" just made me think "you know what? I am earning this. I'm earning my right to a hot body; I'm putting in the time to get to a tinier frame; I'm earning it."

I've heard several people tell me that I don't need to lose weight and that my body is perfect the way it is, but my friend Sara put it in terms that I can't seem to be able to look past.

"You're friends don't call you fat... But do they call you skinny??"

I'm not saying that I want to be a twig, despite what my bio says. But I do want to be healthy, and right now, eating the way I do and being as sedentary as I have been lately, I'm not healthy.

Cutting this abruptly short- my neighbor just scared the hell out of me and we are now swapping tales of workouts past!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment