Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Crossfit Chronicles

This week is Spring Break.

WHOO! Spring Break! Time for booze and wet t-shirt contests!!!

Except no.

For my Spring Break, I've been spending the extra time with my sister and her babies. I would take this over going to the beach and making a fool of myself any day of the week, but this does mean that I'm away from Crossfit and that kind of distance makes me, in a word, NERVOUS.

I'm nervous because I've come so far and spend so much of time at the gym every day, and I'm afraid of breaking that routine and sliding downhill fast. (It also doesn't help that my mom just surprised me with a dark chocolate orange. Oh holy weakness.)

Enter Crossfit West Ames and (can you believe it??) Pinterest!

I had no idea how welcoming a group of strangers could be until I set foot inside Crossfit West Ames. Without knowing anything about me, the coaches and the members training brought me in and made me feel like I was right at home- pushing me the same way my family at the Crossfit in Sioux City does; Giving me encouragement; Helping me perfect my techniques. I only went for 2 days this week, but boy did I sweat enough to last me for days. (This is my shout out to the coaches and members at Crossfit West Ames- You guys rock!!)

Now I know I made some lady ears perk up at the mention of Pinterest, because rarely do I mention Pinterest on my fitness blog. Well, its true, ladies and gentlemen. Pinterest has a more relevant purpose than just giving ladies a reason to wile away the hours pinning ideas they'll never actually use.

Do yourself a favor real quick- Go to Pinterest and search "Crossfit at Home." You'll thank me. I found weekly workout charts, I found countless variations of sit-ups, push ups, burpees, squats, lunges- you name it. Everything you can do at home, and with instructions on how much time you have, etc. Just like at Crossfit! The only difference is there isn't anyone there to give you some extra motivation. (Which is why you come here, right??)





Go look it up, find a workout you want to try this week, and get it done! I know all you need is that one little push to get you started and I am more than willing to give you that nudge!

Go sweat it out and let me know what you think of this Crossfit craze!!

No comments:

Post a Comment