Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Superman

"Do you remember when Soulja-boy Supermanned that ho?"

This is literally what I heard today in reference to a kip hang (I think that's what it's called...) at Crossfit tonight. 

Are you jealous of where I train yet???

One of our lovely coaches, Taryn, said it to get one of us to get up and get it done when we were all freaking out about not knowing how to move our bodies a certain way.

This is what I love so much about Crossfit.

Yes, I get my butt handed to me every day.
Yes, I end up on the floor feeling like some part of my body is going to fall off/burst.
Yes, I get pushed to my limits and THEN some.
And yes, I have some of the best support around.

I would love if someone could prove to me that their gym was even on the same level as amazing as mine, let alone surpass it. I have yet to hear of a gym where you have 2 coaches that care about every one of their members as much as Danny and Taryn care about us. Or a gym that has such a close knit group that is willing to call one another family when there are maybe 3 blood relatives in the whole place.

Sure, working out solo, or even having one or two workout buddies is cool, and if you can stay on top of your workout with that much support than I applaud you because, from experience, that is WAY difficult to pull off. There's always that chance that you'll let your partner slack off, so they'll do the same for you, and soon, you're both in your workout clothes, eating Nutella on the couch while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (True story.)

Where I train, we all push one another. No one lets anyone slack off because we know you'll never get any better if you don't give 100% Every. Single. Time. Our coaches train with us, from 5:30 in the morning until 9:30 at night, sucking it up and giving their all to help us reach our peak performance. What's the last thing the front desk person at the 4 Seasons did for you, other than grab you an extra towel and charge you $5 for it? When is the last time your step aerobics instructor at the YMCA stayed after to floss various body parts because they just didn't feel right, and they want to make sure you don't have any injuries?

I'm not saying anyone's workout is less valid because of where they happen to be a member.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with either of those venues.

However, if you haven't given Crossfit a try, I hope you'll consider giving it a shot for a week. Just one week. The on-ramp program is the perfect way to become integrated into the program, and it's free. A free week with a coach? How much do trainers cost at those other gyms?

Anyone wanting details on Crossfit locations in your area, please let me know and I'll get you as much information as possible. You owe it to yourself to try it out!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment