Sunday, April 20, 2014

Yo Adrian

I am back in the Dirty Sioux and I officially made it back into the gym, peeps!!

Can I just say how difficult it is to drag yourself to the gym after you've been on vacation? Albeit my vacation wasn't very far away, let alone to someplace covered in white sandy beaches and tan, muscley guys everywhere. No, I spent time being a lazy bum with my very favorite partner in crime, and forever beloved, sister.

Back to getting my butt back into the gym.

I honestly felt like I was going to die when I saw the WOD today.

15 Minute Time Limit
15-12-9-6-3
Hang Cleans
Front Squats

With the remainder of the 15 minutes, max effort wall balls.


I saw the words wall balls and, no lie, immediately thought "I am taking my sweet time on those hang cleans and front squats" and for the most part, I did- although not on purpose.

The total weight of my bar was 65 lbs, which doesn't seem a lot to most people, but I have very limited upper body strength and its more than plenty for me. (The prescribed weight was 85 lbs, but that just was NOT happening.)

I originally started with 75 lbs. and got one round in and realized that it was way too much weight. After dropping it down just those 10 lbs, I felt like I was rocking my reps out and getting into Beast Mode. I knocked them out, yelling and making weird noises all the way, and finished up in no time.

Which is when I looked at the clock.

I had finished with 3 minutes and 22 seconds left. And we all know what that meant!!

WALL BALLS!!!!!!!

I hate wall balls. With a fiery passion. If given the choice between doing 15 wall balls or 30 burpees, I will go with the burpees, which is REALLY saying something, because burpees are a gift from the devil himself. I did manage to get 27 in, averaging in 9 wall balls a minute (roughly), and made the cutest sweat angel ever on the mats after I collapsed and refused to move upon finishing.

And then I felt like this:

That's right. I felt like screaming into a microphone, to my wife at home, that I had done it. I'd finished and I had WON- and that's all that mattered.

This is how I want to feel after every workout- like I've just won the coveted belt; Like I've proven myself and no one can take me down. As lame as I sound, this clip goes through my head after every workout that lands my butt laying on the floor fighting to regain the strength to move. What pushes you? What drives you into giving it your all when you feel like you have nothing left to give? What line goes through your head when you finish your workout?

Let me know and I'll share with other readers! Maybe we can all become newly inspired to get back at it!!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment