Monday, April 18, 2011

Attempt No. 2

Today was my second attempt at The Ninety Nine!!

Last time I did this, some of you asked how long it took, so I documented my times for each individual event. I started at 5:26, ended at 6:10 without the run. With the run, I ended at 6:17. I know, a little short of 11 minutes, but I have NO stamina.

The 99's took me about 8 minutes.
88's were about 7.
77's about 6.
66's about 5.
55's about 4.
44's about 3.
33's about 2.
and 22's about 1 1/2. (notice a trend?)

Along with my progress reports, I've been finding some other tidbits of information I'm going to start sharing with everyone. The first was the inspirational message yesterday. Again- I'm making printed copies of it to have around the house so I can see it every day. If any of you would like a copy please let me know and I'll get it to you somehow.

Today, I found a few ways to ignite your calorie burn during your workout. These include:
Swinging your arms 90 degrees
Quench with cool water
Listen to Music (This helps prolong your workout)
Put on some weight (Gain muscle to lose fat)
Don't skip stretching
Head OUTSIDE
Break up your sets. You need to keep your muscles guessing.
Run on an incline
Cut workouts in half. Take a small break, just remember to keep moving.
Log at least 12 minutes of continuous exercise

And remember to keep thinking positive, ladies! Even if you're the slowest one out there, you're still lapping anyone sitting on the couch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment