Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Barbie Arms and Other Stuff

I know, I know. Barbie dolls set an unrealistic standard because any woman with those breasts, that tiny waist, that ginormous head, those hips, and those itty bitty feet wouldn't be able to hold her own body upright. But seriously- just look at her arms.


This is what my arms looked like for several days after doing 75 pull ups last Thursday. I could not for the life of me straighten my arms without using my other arm to force it. OUCH. (Barbie knows the struggle. And it's real.)

That being said, I got myself into a yoga class on Sunday (where I could barely do anything) and by Monday morning my arms were straight(ish) once again!

Moving on- because the title of this post was seriously just for that one little tidbit of information. I'm cool.

So far this year, I have managed to stick with my whole "working out at least 2 times a week" deal. (I refuse to call it a resolution. Those always fail and I will not be failing at this.)

Granted, I don't always look pretty after those workouts... (See "If You Look Pretty, You're Doing It Wrong" for more on that.)
See? I'm all sweat-tastic.

However, yesterday, I actually maintained some semi-cute hair during my workout!!!
Plus, check out them guns!

I won't lie- I definitely have to talk myself into the gym literally every time I go. Most days, YOU get me to get my butt in gear because I know you'll be reading the blog.... Yesterday, my big reason for going was that I was ticked off and exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy. (And happy people don't just shoot their husbands.)

Today, I totally bailed to have family dinner and get nails done with my mom instead. I realize staying healthy is important, and that getting super fit is kind of my end goal here, but- Priorities. 
Without my mother and father, I wouldn't be here to write this obviously fantastic blog, so let's just give a great big shout out to the two of them.
They're just so adorable.

WOW- who's off topic?
Certainly not me.....
(Admittedly I had a lot of sugar today.)

My point! I have one! I think...

My point is that I'm having a lot of fun with all of my crazy ridiculous workouts, and I'm still finding time for family, so I want to hear about how much fun you've been making your workouts- and especially what other fabulous things are taking place in your life. YOU are MY inspiration, so keep ME updated as well!!

Until we sweat again!

p.s. you can always comment in the comments section directly on my blog as an anonymous guest. I would love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your goofy personality .. I love the way you look and how you present yourself.. secretly I love you.

    ReplyDelete