Sunday, January 11, 2015

Busy Body

Alright folks- It's been another crazy busy week. And this time, I'm not saying that as a "This is why I wasn't working out/blogging/etc."

I don't know if I ever posted my fitness goal on here, but shortly after Christmas my sister, Mary, and I talked about it and I stated "I'd just like to get at least 2 workouts a week in before summer. 24 weeks until summer- that's less than 50 workouts. I can do that."

If I had only worked out yesterday- I would have had my two workouts in. But let's go beyond that even...

Earlier this week, my mom asked if I'd like to start designing workouts for her morning routine, and possibly for other staff members, and coming to lead those workouts in the mornings before work. 

This Friday, I gave it a try with just my mom. We did the medicine ball workout, with a few small changes in reps to get her started. For example, rather than 20 lunges per leg, we did 20 total. We did the same with the hip to hip hits and the weighted boat rocks. Mom also started out with a 2 lb. ball rather than the 10 lb. (We've since decided to buy a ball somewhere in between.) And Whew, boy, mom is feeling the burn!

Saturday, I went into Crossfit to try my hand once again. I've decided that I want to do another competition this summer, so what better time to start training than 6 months in advance? Since I'm just starting again, I did the first day of on ramp, which looks a little something like this:


Look familiar? I've done it twice before. However, I think this was my best time. I did this workout in 6:29, two minutes ahead of one of the other guys working out yesterday. 

That's right. I'm a beast.
After listening to this man come up with reasons as to why a little 130 lb girl beat him by 2 whole minutes, I then went on to do the actual workout of the day... 


I didn't actually use 75 lbs- more like 55. And I really only got through 3 1/2 rounds within the 15 minute time cap. (Part of me wishes I had stayed and just finished out the 5 rounds.)

Today? I'm bruised like a peach. I feel like I have softballs in my shoulders, my inner thighs feel like I've just jockeyed a horse in the Kentucky Derby, my buns feel like I'm 10 again and in some major trouble, and my abs.. well actually my abs don't hurt that badly. There's a bonus!!

I once heard someone say it takes 2 weeks of repetition for something to become a habit- which is what I'm hoping will happen with all of my ridiculous workouts. 

Watch for starting "before" pictures this week- because way sooner than anyone thinks, we will be at the "after".... (I'm so excited!!!!!)

This week, try doing the 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, and 20 push ups. (I won't ask for the pull ups and rowing for obvious reasons... unless you have access to a rower and a pull up bar with bands..)

Or at the very least, do each in sets of 10- or even 5. You'll get it done eventually and you'll feel better for doing it!

Don't give up on me just yet- we have got an exciting road ahead of us!!

Until we sweat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment