Thursday, January 15, 2015

Healthy Eats- On the Go

Hello, lovely people!

Quick update before I get to the food portion of our program: Still doing Crossfit almost daily, still kicking my butt, still taking lots of selfies.

See? So sweaty!

I've even been taking super blurry pictures of other people working out!

She really didn't want this to happen
However, on to the harsh reality about eating healthy.

I suck at this gig. Seriously- if I could, I would eat every single thing containing sugar that I could possibly get my hands on. One of my cheerleaders offered me an Almond Joy tonight, and I seriously WOULD NOT let another cheerleader eat it because I am SUCH a sugar addict. (I actually feel kinda bad about that one...)

Admittedly, I was doing okay for the most part today. I started with a protein shake, had a few organic tortilla chips with organic salsa for a snack, lettuce and turkey wraps for lunch, jicama for my afternoon snack.... (then a kindergartner offered me a cupcake. Tiny hiccup.)

And then..... my night of coaching cheerleading happened.

There is just no way that I can bring Romaine lettuce, turkey, and hummus to a wrestling meet and expect to be able to make lettuce wraps that won't be immediately stolen away. I have to survive on nachos and bunless burgers and hot dogs. They don't sell fruit in high school concession stands- the healthiest option available is water. The meet was a bust- and everyone got to listen to me complain about how hungry I was all night.

Now enter fast food options post-meet. At first I thought, "I'll have a chicken sandwich sans the bun from Wendy's..." then it became, "I'll grab an asian salad from Panera..." ..... and then I couldn't remember where I put my debit card so it became, "Maybe my sister will use Mom's debit card to buy me dinner." (She was an hour and a half away. No dice, grandma. I was SO hungry.)

Where did my little merry-go-round land me? Well, I just peaced 8 hot wings from Domino's. (I found my debit card.) However, this was after I talked myself out of 3 different pizzas. Lesser of 4 evils? I think so.

Why am I telling you this ridiculous story? Because we all slip up from time to time. I had a FANTASTIC day. I felt incredible, I didn't yak up a cupcake during my workout, and I talked myself out of my favorite fatty food- 3 times. Am I going to regret those fatty wings in the morning when I'm trying to toss around a medicine ball? Heck yes. But am I going to let one bad meal tear down everything I'm working for? Not at all. Tomorrow is a new day- with lots of Romaine lettuce ready to go- and new challenges to face (like the birthday party let's-all-go-to-a-bar deal I've got to deal with. SO many calories to turn down!!) Right now, I'm enjoying not having to do any more pull ups, or burpees, or rows. I can just sit, enjoy the pleasantly full feeling in my belly, and remember that one fat meal doesn't make you fat, just like one healthy meal doesn't make you healthy. 5 am can't come soon enough :)

.....well, actually...

Until we sweat again!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment