Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bleeding is normal... Right??

The Secret of getting ahead, is getting started. -Mark Twain
        
          Today was Day 2 in the land of Insanity. It consisted of the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit, if you want to put it nicely. If you want to be honest, it consisted of jumping in and out of squats, both in a standing position and in the forward leaning rest position. (All of you military kids know how big of a rest that position ISN'T.)

This is how beautiful I looked after my workout:

To say I was on the struggle bus would be the biggest understatement of the new year.

          I was struggling with my breathing, less so than yesterday, however. I found myself actually breathing when I should though, when I was meant to be exerting the most amount of force throughout the move. I'm taking that as a sign of improvement, as in general a lot of people just don't know when to breathe or how to do it.

          Sounds silly, right? Not knowing how to breathe? But its a real problem and luckily for me, Sean T reminds you every 10 seconds that you need to breathe and you need to breathe *here* and oh wait, *here* too.... and *here*. As much as I hate that man, he's very good at keeping you motivated. (Which is saying something, because its not like he's going to know if you stop working out and just watch his sexy behind move around on the screen.)

However, I'm sure at this point you're all wondering what the hell my title is all about.

Well, as I was struggling with my breathing and making noises that I'm sure I'll be making during child birth, I glanced down and noticed that my shoulder was bleeding. I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it, although I have no plans of raising alarm. Now that the workout is over, it actually hurts, but something has to be said for Sean T's uncanny ability to make you completely ignore all other stimuli and focus only on his intense workout. I was pushing my body so hard I didn't feel my arm hurting- I just happened to notice something crimson on my ordinarily pasty white arm. C'est la vie.

Enough about my little mystery- I'm too busy feeling like I'm never going to move again to worry about a little cut.

If anyone is ever wanting to come try some Insanity with me to see if its something you'd be interested in procuring for yourself, feel free to message me and let me know and we'll work something out- I'm all for helping others reach their goal body type!

Until next time, Happy sweating!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Insanity. You make it sound scarier than I thought it was.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not that scary I promise! Beth we should definitely meet up sometime and I'll let you use the Fit Test DVD, just so you can see where you're at with it. Its not that terrible I'm just overdramatic :)

    ReplyDelete