Friday, January 4, 2013

Timebomb- A Shout out to the Preggers

"Its not about having time- Its about making time."

      First off, before you even begin to read this post, open a new tab/window and find Timebomb by Beck on YouTube. It is currently on repeat as I write, and I feel you won't get the full experience of what's happening unless you're also listening to it. (Although the first word is an F bomb, but its the only one I swear)

I'll wait.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Got it? Its good so far, right?

      I just finished the Cardio Power and Resistance disc for Insanity and I have a few photos to share with you as we go along.

      To begin, we did the usual warm up, but don't be confused by its innocent title, beckoning you, enticing you to come try because "its only a warm up, and warm ups are always so simple.. right?"

WRONG.

Sean T is a jerk, to avoid more colorful language.

      I was sweating horribly after just the warm up, so I decided to use my water break as an opportunity to snap a quick photo:

Admittedly not my best photo- but seriously ask me if I care.

      After this monstrosity of a picture was taken, Sean T continued his reign of terror over my poor calves- calves that are already so sore its a chore to walk up and down the stairs. (I live in a basement. Stairs are inevitable.)

      Jumping in and out of squats, jumping over imaginary logs and hurdles, and jumping up from the push up position all went down today- and I went down more than a few times. I'll be surprised if I don't end up with rug burns all over my arms. That is how often I fell when trying to leap up from the forward leaning rest position. But again- ask me if I care.

Battle Wounds.
A few scrapes or burns on the road to an awesome tummy and butt and thighs and actual calves? Bruise me up, Sean T. 


I tried taking a self-y on the floor after my workout.. ask me how that worked out... 

This my dears is how I looked once I actually found the will to heave myself off the carpet. You can look this pretty, too!

      I have a special shout out for all of my preggo pals out there dreading the day when they have to work off any weight their precious little wee ones are gaining for them. I believe Amy is due in March, and Megan is due in July, both with their second child! I'm so glad you ladies still take the time to read my blog posts and I am so appreciative of all the words of encouragement you both continue to send my way. I don't know that I'd be able to stick to this insane workout and restrictive diet without the help of such wonderful friends.

      To all of my readers, thank you for reading and I hope you're getting as much encouragement and help from me as I get from just knowing there are people out there reading!

Keep on sweating!

No comments:

Post a Comment