Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fizzling Out


“The time to quit is before you wish you had.” 
-Kimberly K. Jones

It has happened again, readers. My old knee injury has been acting up since the first week of Insanity.

At first, I was just pushing through it; Ignoring the pain and focusing on my goal. After a  few days, I decided that wasn't the healthiest decision and began doing alternative moves during the workout whenever it felt like too much for my knee.

This was all working out just fine until the other day. My knee started hitching when I was walking through the house, and worse, on the stairs. I almost fell down a flight of stairs the other day due to my knee, and I'm not willing to put my body in any more danger than absolutely necessary.

I'm deeply disappointed with this turn of events, as I feel as though I was making progress with the Insanity program. My breathing was improving, I was doing the moves faster and with better precision, and I was swearing at the television a lot less. However, the fact still remains that I was putting my body in danger and that is a horrible decision to make.

This is where you come in.

I am in need of ideas of other forms of cardio that I can partake in, preferably very low impact. Running has been out of the question for a long time, again because of my knee, and I'm very limited in the sense that I am not a member of a gym so I don't have access to the same amenities as most.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or helpful tips so that I may continue inspiring others to get the body they deserve.

Much thanks to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment