Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Boo

Go to YouTube and turn on The Eagles of Death Metal- I Want You So Hard- only then may you continue.
I promise, its a good song. Also, Jack Black and Dave Grohl are in the music video! Bonus!!

Then:

Say Hello to my new boyfriend, Sean!

Not really, but hey- a girl can dream.

          My boo and I have a love hate relationship. I love his fabulous abs, ripped biceps, and his dazzling booty- er, Smile.

          However, my sig. O. has decided that he loves to make me suffer and tries to kill me on a daily basis- via cardio.

          Today, however, we had a lovely day with one another, with some much needed Cardio Recovery. Woot woot!! If I had to choose which Insanity workout was my favorite, Cardio Recovery would win hands down. There's no jumping or running around in this session.

          No, instead we just do gentle stretches... granted, they make your thighs feel like they're on fire, but that's just the flame of the love Sean T has for me.
(I'll make sure I refill that prescription for my crazy pills..)

          I think recovery is something a lot of people forget about. Everyone always tells you to workout harder and push push push, but people always fail to mention that your body needs a day to just stretch and relax a bit. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely sweating during this workout, but it was only because I was slowing down and getting deep into my stretches, targeting the muscles that work the hardest. All of that cardio definitely takes a toll on your body, and if you don't take the time to be nice to your poor aching muscles, they won't be so nice to you.
(Which reminds me- make sure you're eating foods with lots of Potassium. Holy Charlie Horses, batman.)

          Also, I'd like to start doing little snippets on my readers so that you can all see that you're not the only ones out there sweating it out. My hope is to create a small network of guys and gals that are all in it together, pushing one another towards their goals, and what better platform is there than this, where you all have some common ground and a friend who wants to help you out?

If anyone is at all interested in participating in this little initiative, please contact me either through the blog itself, on Twitter at https://twitter.com/amanda_wyant , or on Facebook and I'll get something compiled within the week!

Thanks for reading, and remember to Recover those muscles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment