Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Well this is new...

“Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Well said, Tom. Now if only my teachers felt the same way...

Today, while doing "Pure Cardio," something new happened- I coughed up blood. Something tells me this is not what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm hoping it was just my insane amount of coughing and not the fact that my workout today was brutal.

I've also noticed that I'm eating fewer and fewer calories each day. My amount to lose weight at a steady, healthy rate is 1440 calories per day. To lose weight at an extreme rate, I'm supposed to eat just barely 1100. Last night, upon tallying up my calories for the day, I realized that by the time I had eaten dinner, I had only eaten about 800. Needless to say, I found it completely within reason to eat half a candy bar. (It was only 100 calories, so why not?) But I was still under my daily amount of calories- even for losing weight FAST. THIS WAS NOT A HEALTHY CHOICE. I don't think that anyone should be doing that. Today, I fully intend on eating the required amount of calories. So, at least 1100, at most 1440. That's a small window- but I think I'll make it.

As for the rest of you, I hope your dieting and your exercise is treating you well- and a little tip: don't tell yourself that you can't have chocolate or little sweets. We all need one thing that we can have just a little piece of, within healthy means. So go ahead and eat that Reese's- just only have one and make sure you're not going past your daily allotment of calories. (You know who you are) ;)

Until next time....
Stay classy!

1 comment: